The Father/Son relationship operates on the platform of responsibility by both parties.
When you become a responsible Son to a responsible Father, attracting responsible sons to yourself becomes the easiest thing to get.
So many sons are irresponsible because their Fathers are also irresponsible.
YOU CANNOT BE A RESPONSIBLE FATHER AND NOT ATTRACT RESPONSIBLE SONS.
I saw how responsible my Father, Pastor KK, is to his own Father and Mentors and I decided to become very responsible also to him.
THE RESULTS ARE ALSO SHOWING.
Check most Fathers with wayward sons, you will see their own waywardness in the way they relate with their own Fathers.
Become it yourself and your sons will become it to you. You can’t enjoy it from others if you have not given it to others.
Stop teaching Loyalty to your sons, Start showing Loyalty to your Father.
Stop teaching Followership to them, Start showing Followership to them.
Stop teaching Discipleship to them, Start showing Discipleship to them.
Stop teaching them how to be a responsible son, Start showing them how a responsible son behaves.
You expect them to attend your workers meetings but they have never seen you attend special meetings under your Father and Mentors.
Responsibility to your Father will always attract responsibility from your sons.
YOU ATTRACT WHO YOU ARE and NOT WHO YOU WANT.
Papa Oyedepo gave SERVICE to Archbishop Idahosa and he is now giving it to Papa Adeboye.
God rewarded him with Bishop Abioye, Pastor Ibiyeomie, Dr Paul Enenche and Pastor Korede Komaiya All four are also very responsible to Papa Oyedepo, God has also rewarded them differently with responsible sons.
If you are not a responsible Father, responsible sons will disconnect from you.
And if you are not a responsible son, a responsible Father will disown you.
HOW TO BE A RESPONSIBLE SON:
Just six of them.
1. ENSURE YOUR FATHER IS ALSO RESPONSIBLE TO HIS FATHER:
There is nothing I give to my Father, Pastor KK, that he doesn’t give more to his Father and Mentors.
I Follow as I see him Follow.
Most Pastors can’t follow him because they can’t follow the way he follows his own Father.
Some can’t follow us because they can’t follow the way we follow him.
2. ENSURE YOU RESPECT THEM IN THEIR PRESENCE AND IN THEIR ABSENCE: Loyalty is not what you do when you are in the presence of your Father, but what you do in his absence. The law is still the same your father who sees you in the secret shall reward you in The open. Defend them in their absence. Never join his enemies to mock him in his absence. One of My Spiritual sons said to me ‘daddy you are kneeling down to receive calls from your father and Mentors even when they are not seeing you’. I said they are praying for me on phone I can’t stand to receive it. They don’t need to see me for me to kneel down. Infact the honour they don’t see is the best. But if you do it in their absence doing it in their presence will be easy.
3. ENSURE YOU ATTEND THEIR MEETINGS REGULARLY, MOST ESPECIALLY SPECIAL MINISTERS AND WORKERS MEETING:
If you can’t sit under them, what they carry can’t sit on you.
This is open identification for open manifestation. If I sit under your teachings over a period of time and you don’t make a reference to what you learnt from your Father or Mentor, I know you are not proud of them and you may not be following them.
4. ENSURE YOU ARE NOT THE KIND OF SON THAT EVERY PASTOR IN TOWN IS YOUR FATHER: They can be your Mentor not your Father. Even if he is a father-figure in town, he is not your Father. There is a difference between father-figure and fatherhood responsibilities. Permit me to say this, I was to invite a Father to preach for me in my convention some time ago, God asked me to bring him, because as at that time he was over 45 years in ministry. I felt we also needed that kind of grace for longevity in ministry. He is a father-figure in the land but not my Father in life and ministry.
So I spoke to a Pastor about my desire to invite that Man of God, he said it is not possible, he only preaches for his sons, if you are not a son, he can’t preach for you.
This is how most Fathers attract sons who are not their sons.
Preaching engagement is not what makes somebody become an automatic son to you. You will be gathering sons who will dump you after preaching for them. So I used a different person to reach him, and he asked me ‘why do you want me to preach for you’. I told him, and he said since I don’t know you personally, who can I talk with?. Immediately I mentioned the name of his friend who has also preached for me, he said I will come, if that man has preached for you.
So stop going about calling guest speakers your Father, because you want them to preach for you.
To some inexperienced sons, that would have become additional Father.
Mentors can be many but Father must be just one. The Book of Malachi clearly established how it works, ‘if I be a Father, where is my Honour? And if I be a Master, where is my fear?
Most father-figures will not be happy with you if you don’t call them Father, but the truth is everyone cannot be your Father. Infact even Fathers will not take you serious if you call everyone your Father. On your day of battles, no Father will assume responsibility over your battles.
5. ENSURE YOU SOW INTO THEIR LIVES REGULARLY AND CONTINUOUSLY:
If money is leaving your hands regularly into their hands, money must definitely leave the hands of people regularly into your hands also.
This is how outsiders take the inheritance of children and sons that are raised in the house.
Most big ministries Transfered Financial Mantles to strangers who understand the Covenant of Honour because internal sons only understand the Covenant of Complaint against Spiritual Authority.
6. ENSURE YOU DON’T HAVE A MINDSET OF ‘because I GIVE MONEY TO THEM, THEY WILL GIVE MONEY BACK TO ME IN RETURN:
You will only injure yourself thinking that way. It is not a sin for them to help you but it will put you in a position not to become better and bigger than them.
Those who take money, miss the mantle they carry but those who connect their mantles must carry their financial flow.
The truth is that you will always misbehave if you see them as your source, because the day they don’t give to you, you will want to disconnect.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF A FATHER TO A SON:
1. PRAY FOR THEM REGULARLY:
Jesus prayed for Peter, for Peter to survive the arrow of denial.
He said to Peter, ‘I have prayed for you that your faith faileth not.
2. PERIODIC AND SEASONAL VISIT:
It could be once a year or twice a year. Those visits will go a long way to encourage your son. It is also a sign of endorsement.
3. HAVING PROVED THEIR LOYALTY OVER The YEARS, GIVE THEM ACCESS AND PLATFORM OCCASIONALLY: Prophetic Endorsement is the cure to Public Embarassment. Access is Asset.
4. MANAGE THE SECRETS OF YOUR SONS YOU GOT TO KNOW BY WAY OF COUNSELING AND YOUR SPIRITUAL OVERSIGHT TO THEM.
5. TEACH THEM SECRETLY THE THINGS YOU CAN’T TEACH OPENLY BUT HAVE HELPED YOUR LIFE AND MINISTRY:
When Jesus was alone with his disciples, he expanded all things to them after he sent away the multitudes.
6. NEVER ABANDON THEM DURING MINISTRY’S STORMS AND BATTLES:
He who collects the tithe should collect the fight.
He who collects the offering, should face the suffering.
To abandon a son in battle is to empower the enemy to destroy him without remedy.
Thanks for reading.
Presiding Bishop Answers’ Assembly
For Questions and Enquiries WhatsApp. 08091066665.