Then he said to Him, “If Your Presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here.
In the last episode, the need for obedience to God’s word was emphasized, because a life that obeys God is an instructed life, and such a life would always be led by God.
HOW TO MARCH IN THE MONTH OF MARCH?
3. THE LEADING OF GOD:
Have you ever had the experience of going through an unfamiliar terrain which demands you to beckon on someone for direction? Yes I have, and I know you might have had such experiences too. In some of those occasions, I discovered that the person I was relying on for direction, had no clue on where I was going, neither did they know how I could get there. While in other cases, I was led to a wrong direction, because the one I beckoned on claimed to know where I was going. This is how many miss out on life, because they depend solely on men to be led.
Like these experiences, the journey of life is an unfamiliar terrain whose paths can only be made known by God, who is the creator of heaven and earth. The psalmists declare in Psalms 16:11;
You will show me the path of life;In Your presence is fullness of joy;At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Our reliance on God to lead us not just in the month of March, but in life comes by our submission to His will, and our acknowledgment of Him in all we do (Proverbs 3:5-6, James 4:7).
Why do we have to depend on God’s leading?
1. God is the custodian of the map to life (Genesis 1:1).
2. He is all knowing, and can never be wrong (Isaiah 40:13-14).
3. His words are lamps which provides illumination to the path of life (Psalm 119:105).
4. Men may fail, but God never fails (Numbers 23:19).
5. He is committed to our success, by ensuring that He guarantees our future (Jeremiah 29:11).
Things to Note:
1. A man may plan his way, but it is only God that establishes his steps (Proverbs 16:9).
2. God leads men, and men lead men, hence follow a man that is consistent with God (1 Corinthians 11:1).
1. Submit yourself to God through Jesus Christ.
2. Take the decision to consult God first in all you do.
3. Make a demand for the presence of God to take the lead as you proceed through life endeavors.
God bless you.